So January and February are the birthday months for the Pell's and Plakmeyer's. We celebrate all but a couple birthdays in these two months. In fact we joke that if baby #2 comes early, it will only add to the two month celebration. That said, this year will be a little different, as we celebrate my dad's birthday tomorrow(10th) for the first time without him here on earth. I know that he is watching down on us and enjoying a piece heavenly birthday cake. We continue to be so blessed by the many friends and family who have shown us their love and support over the past couple of months. While it is hard to let go of the past, we need to look ahead and be thankful for each day God blesses us with here on earth! Yet we can cherish the memories we enjoyed together and be encouraged by the legacy my dad leaves behind.
Here are a couple of our favorite birthday memories we shared together this past year:
Ok so I can't get this picture to work, but if you want to see it you can go to the below blog and scroll to the bottom of the page!!! http://jerrypellridetoremember.blogspot.com/
This is a picture of my dad and I overlooking the "Lake of the Clouds" located along the northwest part of the upper peninsula. One of our favorite this to do together was snowmobiling among other things. Of all the trips we took to the U.P. and Canada, we had never been to this place until last year! It is one of the most breathtaking spots I have ever seen, and I intend to go back someday with my family in the summer, as I hear it is only more beautiful. Snowmobiling was a favorite past time of my dad's and in remembrance of him 25+ guys will be loading up their sleds early this Friday morning and heading to Baldwin for a ride to remember my dad!!!




1 comment:
Thanks for the update, Scott...love the pictures and video. :) So glad the "Ride to Remember" was blessed with beautiful weather!
Post a Comment